The internet is a wonderful thing! If nothing else, it provides me with an amazing stream of useless but entertaining information.
The BookSeller Magazine is now accepting votes for the 2007 Diagram Prize for Oddest Book Title of the Year. Here are the titles that made the cut:
- I Was Tortured By The Pygmy Love Queen
- How to Write a How to Book
- Are Women Human?: And Other International Dialogues
- Cheese problems solved
- If You Want Closure in Your Relationship, Start with Your Legs
- People who Mattered in Southend and Beyond: From King Canute to Dr Feelgood
There were some that didn’t quite make it, but almost did:
- Drawing and Painting the Undead
- Stafford Pageant: The Exciting Innovative Years 1901–1952
- Tiles of the Unexpected: A Study of Six Miles of Geometric Tile Patterns on the London Underground.
I want to go to Barnes and Noble, RIGHT NOW, and look at these books, and touch them to make sure they’re real, and then, if I can muster the guts, open them and take a peek. Oh wait, I can run to Amazon.com! OK guys, see ya! I’m off to find out if women are human!
Oh, and you can go and cast your vote for the oddest title at http://www.thebookseller.com//