This post comes a day or two late but it’s been stewing in my head for the last few days, I just couldn’t post it because I was either working or sleeping. But here I am.
2008 is over, hard to believe. As we say in my native Kamba… we are aging even as we remain in denial (you didn’t really think I was going to write it out in Kamba, did you?) I was looking at the post I wrote at the end of 2007 (Thinking about 2007), and thinking about how far I had come, what expectations I had back then that were met, and what I hoped for the new year. I’m still thinking about my expectations for the new year, but I can say that even though I didn’t meet all my goals for 2008, it was still an interesting year for me.
Things I will remember fondly, things that made me happy:
- Mary and I made it through another year. It started out a little rough but we grew and thrived through it
- I passed my boards and got licensed to practice in NJ and PA.
- Got a job working as an ER nurse and joined the most amazing group of dedicated and brilliant night staff at the Lourdes ED.
- Bought a sweet bike
- Two of my favorite people got hitched to each other
- Made some new friends
- Mary indulged ralphie and got us a new toy
- Bought myself a sweet new tricked out computer, that I really haven’t had much time to play with unfortunately
- Got majorly into Drupal and built some new websites
- Got into programming with Python… sweet language
- I reduced my debt significantly
- We got a ton of work done to the house… looks awesome
And of course, my number one thing that made me happy?
Things that made me sad:
- Missing my family
- The post election violence in Kenya
- Mary was sick… a lot
- Mary’s grandma (a wonderful lady) passed on
- I got older (ofcourse)
All in all, it’s been a good year, and I have much to be grateful for.
And 2009 will be even better… I believe.